Simon Cowell ‘feared he was paralysed’ after breaking his back in three places

Simon Cowell ‘feared he was paralysed’ after breaking his back in three places

September 27, 2020

Get the best celeb exclusives and video house tours to your inbox every evening with our daily newsletter

Simon Cowell feared he was paralysed after the freak accident at his Malibu home which caused him to break his back in three places.

The Britain’s Got Talent judge’s ex Sinitta has shared an update on Simon’s progress after he was rushed to hospital and operated on in August this year.

Now, after being told he won’t walk for weeks, 60 year old Simon has taken a few steps.

But, Sinitta revealed he feared the accident had paralysed him.

  • Ant and Dec reveal they ‘took a step back’ to mend friendship after Ant’s drink-driving scandal

  • Simon Cowell admits he is 'terrified' of son Eric being bullied as he details the name he almost gave him

Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.

She told Entertainment Daily: “It was a serious accident. So for people who love him, like me, it was very, very scary.

“It was very scary to hear it happen and also him being so far away and because of lockdown not being able to jump on a plane and go and see him, it was very hard.”

And when asked how the Britain’s Got Talent boss is doing now, Sinitta said: “He’s healing.”

She added: “He’s taken some steps, so he has reassured himself that he’s not paralysed.

“But he’s got to take his time and get well.”

Simon is currently being looked after by his girlfriend Lauren Silverman, who he shares son Eric with.

But, Sinitta revealed Simon is keen to get going again, after he was replaced by Ashely Banjo as BGT judge.

She said: “We’re trying to keep him still.

“We’re trying to keep him more focused on being well than entertaining the nation which is difficult because he’s a workaholic.

“But that’s what his passion is and that’s what his promise is, what he wants to do,” she added.

Sinitta’s update comes after Amanda Holden admitted she feared the worse after hearing about Simon’s accident.

Amanda, 49, recently told The Sun: “I honestly panicked it could be fatal. It was gut-wrenching. I got a text in the night. I couldn’t sleep after.

  • Download OK! magazine's FREE app and get all the latest gossip straight to your phone

  • Sign up to our daily newsletter for the BEST celebrity house tours and BIGGEST exclusive interviews

“I felt physically sick as I didn’t know how bad it was. I didn’t know what was going on.

“I wanted him to be alive, but I also wanted him to be able to walk as he’s such a good friend.”

But, Amanda also revealed he is being well looked after by Lauren.

She said: “Gorgeous Lauren is keeping his spirits up. She's been doing the round-the-clock care. She’s been cooking him turkey shepherd pies – I've no idea what these are called, I think officially it's a Gobbler's pie?!

“And I know one of our producers spoke to him earlier this week and says he sounds amazing, really well.”

Source: Read Full Article