Prince Philip, 99, has undergone a ‘successful procedure’ for pre-existing heart conditionMarch 4, 2021
Want the most up-to-date celebrity exclusives sent straight to your inbox every day? Sign up now and join the club!
Prince Philip has had a "successful procedure" for a pre-existing heart condition, it has been announced.
The 99 year old has now spent over a fortnight in hospital, moving to cardiac specialist hospital St Bartholomew's earlier this week.
Buckingham Palace have issued an update on the Duke of Edinburgh's health, confirming the procedure in a statement.
The palace said: "The Duke of Edinburgh yesterday underwent a successful procedure for a pre-existing heart condition at St Bartholomew's Hospital.
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall says Prince Philip's health is 'slightly improving' as he remains in hospital
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah Winfrey 'won't be pulled' if Prince Philip's health condition worsens
Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.
"His Royal Highness will remain in hospital for treatment, rest and recuperation for a number of days."
ITV News' royal editor Chris Ship wrote to his 77,000 Twitter followers shortly after the news broke: "It's possible Prince Philip had a stent fitted which was one of the predictions from experts when the Duke was moved to the cardiac specialist @BartsHospital on Monday.
"He had a stent fitted in 2011 following a blocked coronary artery."
Prince Philip's daughter-in-law Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall gave an update on the Queen's husband's health on Wednesday when she said he was "improving".
Prince Charles' wife, 73, said that Philip's health is "slightly improving" and that it was "very good news".
Camilla added to Chris as she visited a vaccination centre in Croydon that the Royal family was "keeping our fingers crossed" for Philip.
Sign up to our daily newsletter for the BEST celebrity house tours and BIGGEST exclusive interviews
Download OK! magazine's FREE app and get all the latest gossip straight to your phone
Camila's husband Prince Charles, 72, paid a visit to his father in hospital last weekend.
Concerns about the Duke's health were raised earlier this week when Buckingham Palace confirmed in a statement that he had been transferred to the new hospital.
The palace's statement read: "The Duke of Edinburgh was today transferred from King Edward VII’s Hospital to St Bartholomew’s Hospital where doctors will continue to treat him for an infection, as well as undertake testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition.
The Royal Family
Prince Philip, 99, transferred to new hospital in ambulance to continue treatment for infection
Prince Philip asked Charles to visit him in hospital to talk about the Royal Family's future, says insider
"The Duke remains comfortable and is responding to treatment but is expected to remain in hospital until at least the end of the week."
Last week, Prince Philip's youngest son, Edward, told Sky that he had spoken to his father on the phone and revealed that he is "a lot better".
When asked how he was doing, the Earl of Wessex, 56, explained: "As far as I'm aware, well I did speak to them the other day, so he's a lot better thank you very much indeed, and he's looking forward to getting out, which is the most positive thing."
Source: Read Full Article