Jeremy Kyle Show guest’s cause of death confirmed as drug overdose at inquestOctober 13, 2020
Kristie Bishop, a guest on the Jeremy Kyle Show show, died of a drug overdose, an inquest has heard.
The 35-year-old first appeared on the axed ITV show in 2018, seeking help for a drug addiction.
And she was a guest for a second time last February, having completed a 12-week rehab course.
However, she was rushed to hospital in March when she was found collapsed on the floor of her Luton home.
Kristie suffered a cardiac arrest soon after arriving at Luton and Dunstable University Hospital, and underwent multiple organ failure the following day.
Doctors were sadly unable to save her, and she died in the facility.
An inquest at Ampthill Coroner’s Court, held on October 6, has now heard she died of a ‘drug related death’, according to Luton Today.
Coroner Dr Sean Cummings, said: ‘Kristie was found collapsed and had been in that position for a prolonged period.
‘As a result of that, the doctor told me she had a condition called rhabdomyolysis – where the muscles die and break down. It floods the body with toxins… the collapse was started with drug use.
‘The muscle breakdown put a great deal of strain on her other organs, her heart and particularly her kidneys.’
Kristie was last seen coming home from a party at around 3am on March 24 – with her housemate finding her unconscious around 12 hours later.
She suffered a cardiac arrest shortly after she arrived at the hospital, with doctors spending 45 minutes resuscitating her.
The inquest heard she was later put on a breathing machine, but had ‘numerous blood clots’ in her body, and severe organ failure.
Samples taken at the hospital tested positive for opiates and cocaine.
Dr Cummings summed up the findings, telling the court: ‘My conclusion is that Kristie died of a drug-related death.
‘That concludes the inquest and I’m very sorry.’
Source: Read Full Article