Morrisons is doing a five-course Valentine's Day dinner at its café for £10 – and it includes a glass of fizzFebruary 12, 2019
Dining at a supermarket might not be the most romantic date night in the world but the price includes a glass of Champagne and oysters – a famous aphrodisiac.
Unfortunately, the cut-price menu is only available in one branch of Morrisons in Skipton, Yorkshire, on February 14.
But the supermarket said that if demand is high enough this year, it could roll out a similar menu across all 392 shops with an in-store cafe in 2020.
Customers who book in for the meal will be given a glass of Champagne when they arrive, followed by an "amuse bouche" of oysters.
The starter is lobster, crayfish and crab mac and cheese or tomato and lentil soup, followed by a main of rump steak, salmon fillet or vegetable risotto.
Diners then choose from a selection of desserts including raspberry roulade, lemon tart and black forest gateau.
Couples will finish off the meal with petit fours sweet treats and coffee.
All the food on the menu can be bought from Morrisons.
Buying all the items for two would cost up to £39 so couples will save £19 by choosing to dine at the café.
Morrisons' five-course Valentine's Day café menu
- Oysters – 70p each or 6 for £3
- Morrisons The Best Vine Ripened Tomato & Red Lentil Soup 600g – £2.50
- Morrisons The Best Lobster, Crayfish & Crab Mac N' Cheese 700g (£6.50
- Morrisons Roasted Vegetable Risotto 360g – £2.50
- Morrisons Valentines Rump Steaks 500g – £5
- Morrisons Lightly Smoked Salmon 120g – £5
- Morrisons The Best Passionfruit Cheesecake – £4
- Morrisons The Best Black Forest Gateau Desserts 152g – £1.50
- Morrisons The Best Raspberry Roulade – £4
- Morrisons The Best All Butter Lemon Tart – £3
- Morrisons The Best Raspberry & Chocolate Macarons Desserts 140g – £2.50
- Morrisons The Best Mini Strawberry Meringues 12 per pack – £1.55
- Morrisons The Best Belgian Chocolate & Salted Caramel Heart – £2.50
- Morrisons The Best Brut Champagne – £18
Only 50 loved-up shoppers will fit in the café, which is being given a romantic makeover for the night complete with tablecloths, roses, candles and music playing in the background.
Couples near Skipton can book the meal by ringing up the shop on 01756 796070.
They'll be given a slot between 6pm and 7pm.
Café customers usually have to order at the till, but there will be waiter service on the night.
Helen Tordoff, head of cafés at Morrisons said: "Our customers have told us that Valentine’s Day can be an expensive time of year and that they’re put off eating out because restaurants raise their prices."
She added: "We’re pulling out all the stops and look forward to hearing what customers think about the new-look dining experience."
Morrisons has 494 stores across the UK. You can find your nearest branch using its online shop finder tool.
If you don't live near Skipton, then Morrisons has a dine-at-home deal for £15 for three courses and a bottle of wine.
It also has an offer on two rump steaks for £5 to get couples in the mood this week.
Morrisons is also selling rainbow roses for £4 if you want to woo your other half with flowers.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Money team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 78 24516. Don't forget to join the Sun Money's Facebook group for the latest bargains and money-saving advice.
Source: Read Full Article